The initial setup and configuration of Quickbooks is critical, otherwise you run the risk of having to undo an incorrect setup — or worse, you can think the system is correct but you are getting incorrect reports and accounting results.
Quickbooks can be an important tool to help save you time and run your business effectively. Don’t take any chances when it comes to getting Quickbooks configured correctly — I am here to help!
I am able to help with the following:
- Set-up of Quickbooks online account
- Creation of users, with correct permissions
- Correctly configure your business chart of accounts
- Set up all required income and expense categories
- Set up pricing, inventory, services, and sales tax
- Configure for proper payroll handling
- Configure customer accounts
- Properly set up bank accounts
- Enter YTD historical transactions, for a complete set of data in current fiscal year
I make sure you and your employees understand Quickbooks so the general accounting practices you employ with your business will make complete sense. I cover all of the key concepts and transaction types you will be using, as well as reconciliation, reports and troubleshooting when things don’t look right.
Just a few of the topics I can cover, as needed:
- Invoicing, credit memos and returned checks
- Entering payments correctly
- Handling un-deposited funds the right way
- Connecting incoming bills to outgoing payments, to assure accounting integrity
- Handling inventory so COGS is always kept accurate
- Job tracking, customer payments and expenses
- Using online banking effectively
- Account reconciliation
- Utilizing classes correctly, generating income and balance sheets
- All types of reporting, modifying reports and using reports
- Identifying, diagnosing and fixing problems
- Closing out accounting periods correctly
If you are already using Quickbooks, but you are concerned that it might not be set up correctly, or you may be using it incorrectly — or if you review reports from Quickbooks and they just don’t seem to make sense, then a review of your installation may be in order.
Depending on exactly what your concerns are, or what I see when I first look over your system, a full, partial or customized review may be in order. Along with this review, a full set of findings and corrective actions will be provided so will you not only know what is going on with your Quickbooks system, you will understand why – and you will understand how to keep the system running smoothly going forward.
Just a few of the things I look at when doing a Quickbooks Checkup:
- Are reconciliations being done on time and correctly?
- Are all transactions clearing, as they should?
- Are transactions being carried to the correct accounts?
- Are classes being utilized correctly?
- Is chart of accounts set up appropriately for your business?
- Is inventory being handled correctly?
- Are asset and liability accounts correct?
- Does anything look odd?
- Are there any strange period-to-period variances that can’t be explained?
I will perform as detailed an analysis as required, and make sure your Quickbooks system is set up correctly and that you and your employees are using it the proper way. If additional customized training is needed, I will be happy to discuss that with you as well.
Quickbooks is a powerful accounting and business management tool. It has a ton of data and can provide valuable insight to how your business is performing and what required tasks are to keep your books under control. Key to this is your ability to derive meaningful, useful reports from Quickbooks – which is not always an easy task.
I am able to provide customized, directed help in the area of Quickbooks reporting and analytics. From basic financial reporting to inventory management to budgeting and forecasts — my experience with providing critical reports will become a key component of your ongoing business operations.
Types of reports I am able to set up for you:
- Company and Financial: Detailed information about financial performance
- Customers and Receivables: Track and age payments owed by customers
- Purchases: Review purchases and purchase orders
- Banking: All bank transactions, deposits, uncleared checks, etc.
- Sales: By rep, customer, item, orders – or any other sales analysis
- Vendors and Payables: See how much you are spending and analyze payments due
- General Reports: Customer Lists, Vendors, etc.
- Employees and Payroll: All aspects of employee and payroll expenses
- Taxes: Sales, state and federal taxes, income tax readiness
- Inventory: Monitor inventory value, turns, COGS and physical reconciliation
- Job Costing: Analyze jobs for estimating accuracy, P&L analysis and time spent
- Budgets and Forecasts: Help with planning and track spending or income against budgets
Don’t struggle trying to get useful data out of your Quickbooks system – give me a call and I will work with you to make sure you are getting every penny’s worth of value out of your dollar and time investment in using Quickbooks to run your business financials.
Quickbooks is a great business tool and can be a huge help when it comes to financially managing your business and understanding your business performance. Sometimes a helping hand is needed, however — but perhaps not to the extent that you wish to add staff to your organization to cover this need. I can become your as-needed support team for this critical role.
I am able to provide scheduled reviews for you if needed, or to be “on call”. Whichever method works best for you – I am flexible and can accommodate any need you have when it comes to Quickbooks support. Don’t struggle with this alone, and don’t burn through money with ineffective support plans — I will work with you to create a customized support solution that works perfectly with the way you work, and your business needs.